Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – KM104 – Wiñay Wayna – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco:
4-4:15AM Departs Cusco- Pick-up from your selected location in Cusco for the journey with our transport to the train station in Ollantaytambo (1.5Hrs). Where you take the train to KM 104 (trail head-1 hour in the train). Here in the KM 104 (2,100m/6,927ft), We begin the trek and pass by the first checkpoint. Afterward, we start a moderate climb for 3 to 4 hours to the magnificent archaeological site of Wiñay Wayna (2,650m/8,747ft). Once we arrive, you will enjoy the spectacular views of the Urubamba canyon, stunning Inca sites, Inca terraces and the connection with the nature. After touring around this Inca site, you will have time to eat the box lunch included in your tour.
Then we will continue our hike towards the Sun Gate (2,730m/9,007ft). From where you will have the first spectacular view of Machu Picchu in all its brilliance and majestic monumentality. After enjoying the view, we walk downhill for about 45min to the citadel of Machu Picchu (2,400m/7,890ft). Once there. First, you will have a pictures time then you will receive a guided tour of the archeological site. Your guide will take you into the fascinating history of these mysterious ruins and will expertly direct you through the enigmatic ruins and its most important sites around the lost city of the Incas.
Then you will have a bus down to Aguas Calientes. There, you will have free time to eat and explore the town. You will take the train back to Ollantaytambo. Once you arrive here, the staff will be waiting for you to transfer you back to Cusco. You will arrive around 10-10:30PM.
- Pick up at your hotel in Cusco.
- Transport from hotel - train station - Hotel.
- Admission ticket to inca trail & Machu Picchu.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Expedition class train tickets from Ollantaytambo - round trip.
- 1 Box lunch(vegetarian or vegan option no problem).
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank.
- Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (Not possible due to time restraints).
- Breakfast day 1 & dinner at Aguas Calientes.
- Tips for the staff (AIT staff receives a fair and decent payment immediately after they end their trip; tips are optional but greatly appreciated by them)
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train: $65 USD per person – (Return only).
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
*The 1 Inca Trail Machu Picchu DOES NOT INCLUDE the extra porter, so, you will need to carry all your things, please try to pack as light as possible which is the key to enjoy this amazing trek.
- Original passport (it has to be the same you have used for booking your trek)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water bottle: 2L
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Toilet paper.
- Dress in layers.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Wet wipes.
- Personal medications.
- Sun hat.
- Wool hat (only in the cold season).
- Rain gear if rainy season.
- Snacks (chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruits).
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips.
- Positive mind
PHOTOS OF OUR TRAVELERS
No results found
No results found
To officially reserve any trip, we require a deposit, the amount of the deposit depends on which trip you are booking
Deposit via Paypal & Credit Card
Deposit for Inca Trail & Machu Picchu full day:
This service is temporarily undergoing maintenance, please call +51 974994321 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org