Day 1: Cusco – KM 104 – Aguas Calientes (L+D):
You will be picked up from your Cusco hotel between 3:45 to 4:00am, then leave Cusco by bus to Ollantaytambo and then by train to Km 104 (trail head). Upon arrival you will begin the trek at 2000ft. Here agricultural product from other areas were collected to be brought to Machu Picchu. Then you will begin your walk towards Wiñay Wayna.
On the way you have beautiful views of the Urubamba river and the chances are many to see different kinds of famous orchid families. You will turn around the last corner and have the amazing Wiñay Wayna. You will stop to visit this interesting and important Inca site. You will hike approx. 10 minutes more before you will be at the “Trekker’s Lodge”, where you will have your lunch, if not already eaten.
In the afternoon, you will walk the last hours towards Machu Picchu. You will have the unique opportunity to enter through the Sun Gate and see Machu Picchu's beautiful afternoon sun before continuing down to Aguas Calientes. We spend the night in this beautiful town.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco (B):
Very early you will leave Aguas Calientes to reach Machu Picchu in the hours before the main group of visitors arrives. Going up by trekking, you will get the first glance of Machu Picchu between the mountains on its saddle high over the Urubamba River. Upon arrival, you will start the guided tour of about 2 hours taking us to the most important areas of Machu Picchu. You will learn about the importance – religiously and historically – of the place, and you will be able to appreciate the fine architecture of the Incas.
After the guided tour you can go to the top of Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (if you included this). If not, we will head directly down to the Town of Aguas Calientes. You will have some free time to grab lunch on your own (not included) and take the train back to Ollantaytambo and transportation to Cusco. The train schedules vary and will be coordinated with you.
- Transfer from hotel to train station the first day.
- Expedition train ticket to head of trail (104 Km.).
- English-speaking tour guide.
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu citadel.
- Two ways bus Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour to Machu Picchu and the ruins along the trail.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (1B, 1L, 1D), Snacks.
- Expedition train ticket Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo.
- Transport from the train station to Cusco.
- 01 night standard/shared accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- One-way bus to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance Ticket to Waynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($70).
- Tips for guides.
- Entrances to the hot springs.
- Lunch 2nd day.
- Water supply.
- Extra porter for personal ítems.
- Upgraded Hotel or Upgraded Train.
Important things you should bring:
- Original Passport.
- Vaccine Record.
- Good comfortable hiking backpack.
- Trekking shoes.
- Water bottle or storage container (i.e. camelback).
- Warm clothes (jacket, fleece and sweaters).
- Hiking clothes (i.e. t-shirts, pants etc).
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain or cold.
- Sun block and insect repellent.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc.
- Cash (Limited ATM machines in Aguas Calientes).
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes after the trek).
- We recommend hiking sticks or knee supports if you have pre-existing issues.
- Positive mind!
PHOTOS OF OUR TRAVELERS
From $425 USD per person per person*Group size from 2 to 10 people. *Standard hotel rooms (double, matrimonial or triple).
From $495 USD per person per person*Minimum 2 people. *2 to 3*** hotel rooms (double, matrimonial or triple).
To officially reserve any trip, we require a deposit, the amount of the deposit depends on which trip you are booking
Deposit via Paypal & Credit Card
Deposit for Inca Trail & Machu Picchu 2D/1N:
This service is temporarily undergoing maintenance, please call +51 974994321 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org