DAY 1: CUSCO - TAUCA - HUCHUY QOSQO - LAMAY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES:
We will pick you up at your hotel/hostel at 5:00am and drive to a small Village of Tauca (3750m), where your trek starts. The beginning of your trek will be on level terrain and the landscape will be that of typical Andean valleys rich in corn, potatoes, barley, quinoa and other Andean tubers. As you ascend towards the Huchuy Qosqo pass at 4050m, the landscape begins to change dramatically to that classic of high Andean savannah or Puna, with scant vegetation, mainly “ichu” or high altitude grass. The views of the Cordillera Vilcabamba peaks are spectacular: Veronica, Pitusiray, Chicon and the San Juan snow peaks can be seen. Soon after the pass you will start your descent toward the Huchuy Qosqo plains, hiking along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where you will be able to see archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large quantity of cacti. You will walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where you will find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts impressive geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at 3650 m. Huchuy Qosqo (“Little Cusco”) is a noteworthy Inca complex. It boasts very fine stonework in a large Kallanka (rectangular hall), as well as some residential and defensive quarters and interesting two-story buildings in stone and adobe. Huchuy Qosqo is located on a plateau, surrounded by Inca agricultural terracing and commanding superb views of the Vilcabamba range. Afterwards we’ll go downhill to Lamay at 2900m where we’ll be transferred to Ollantaytambo. From there we'll catch our train to Aguas Calientes. Overnight in hotel.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO:
Around 4:00 am we will get ready to go to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, taking one of the first buses to be able to get very early to the gate. After registering in the control center of the park at 6:00 am we will be able to see the sunrise if the weather is nice, then continue the visit within the Inca citadel together with our professional guides who will share with us their knowledge for two hours. After this tour, the guide will then leave the group and there will be free time to visit and walk inside the citadel, or to climb the mountain (Machu Picchu – best view point to the citadel & highest peak in Machu Picchu). Once we are done, we will go down to Aguas Calientes.
You will take the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo where you will be met by the driver who will guide you to the vehicle that will transport you to the city of Cusco, reaching the end of our services. (The drop off will be at your hotel/hostel).
- Pick up from your accommodation, transport to trail head.
- 1breakfast, 1Lunch, 1dinner.
- Admission ticket to Huchuy Qosqo.
- Train tickets (round trip).
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Standard hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- First-aid including emergency oxygen bottle.
- English speaking tour guide.
- First day breakfast, last day lunch & dinner.
- Bus to Machu Picchu ($12 USD each way).
- Travel insurance.
- Hot springs entrance fee.
YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Small hiking backpack (30 or 40 liters is big enough).
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket
- Trekking shoes
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs)
- Long- and short-sleeved polos/T-Shirts.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes - Optional)
- Insect repellent
- Disinfecting alcohol and gel
- Toilet paper
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit
- Original passport, and extra money in soles.
PHOTOS OF OUR TRAVELERS
No results found
No results found
To officially reserve any trip, we require a deposit, the amount of the deposit depends on which trip you are booking
Deposit via Paypal & Credit Card
Deposit for Huchuy Qosqo & Machu Picchu 2D/1N:
This service is temporarily undergoing maintenance, please call +51 974994321 or write to email@example.com