Those who love hiking
- Destinations: Waqrapukara fortress
- Time Needed: Full Day
- Intensity: Challenging
- Base Price: $45 USD
Pick up at your selected location between 4:30-5:00 am. You will then head south to the Acomayo turnoff, where you will take the road to Santa Lucia.
Continuing with the tour, you will arrive first at the breakfast point. After that you will continue to the community of Santa Lucia from where you will begin the hike of approx. 2 hours (Trail head at 3350m/ 10,991 ft).
During this approx. 2-hour hike along a winding path, bordered by mountains, you will be able to appreciate a great amount of flora and fauna of the area until you reach the destination Waqrapukara (4150m / 13,615 ft). Here, together with your guide, you will explore this facinating place. Waqrapukara is an imposing archaeological feature perched on a mountain top, surrounded by gorgeous, lush scenery.
After the visit to Waqrapukara (approx. 45 minutes), you will start our return to Santa Lucia by hiking for approx. 2 hours. Upon arrival we will have lunch (box lunch).
After lunch then we will head back to Cusco. You will be dropped off near Cusco`s main Plaza de Armas @ approx. 6:30 pm. (Times can vary).
- Transport throughout tour.
- English speaking tour guide.
- 1 breakfast, 1 box snack.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Entrance ticket (S/. 10 soles).
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
- A light day pack to carry your things.
- Warm and rain clothes.
- Comfortable hiking shoes.
- Water, snacks (energy bars, dried fruit, chocolates, cookies, etc.).
- Cash for souvenirs and tips.
- Positive mind!!!
Deposit via Paypal & Credit Card