Sacred Valley And Machu Picchu 2D/1N
Day 1: Cusco - Pisac - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes:
We will leave Cusco around 8.30am and drive to Pisac to see the first Inca ruins of the tour. Once at Pisac, you can see magnificent Incan remains. The ancient architecture and engineering of the Inca temples is breathtaking and will sweep you off your feet. Our guided tour includes a visit of Pisac ruins as well as to the town of Pisac. This includes a visit of the most colorful and traditional local market, as well as the place where you can buy traditional textiles at low prices. After our visit to the market our sightseeing continues as we drive along the beautiful Sacred Valley. This area was the breadbasket of the Incas and still produces large amounts of corn on the Inca terraces. Our next destination is Urubamba, which we'll arrive to at approximately 12:00 pm to enjoy lunch (optionally included) at one of the local restaurants. From Urubamba it's just 30 minutes to get to the last Inca ruins known as Ollantaytambo (Inca Palace). This ruin was built with pink granite rocks and is another impressive example of Inca craftmanship. Here you can see the second biggest rock from the Inca's time (90 tons) which was used as part of the Temple of the Sun. After your tour you will head to the train station, which is around 10 minutes by foot. Your train will depart at 16:36 pm to Aguas Calientes, which will be a 2-hour journey. Finally you will spend the night in the town of Aguas Calientes.
Day 2 - Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco:
To be able to enjoy the beautiful sunrise above the sanctuary of Machu Picchu you can choose to take the earliest bus around 5:30am (however according to the season and weather this can be discussed with your guide the evening prior). Upon arrival, we offer you a historical guided tour to discover more about the site, life and culture of its inhabitants.
After the guided tour, you will have plenty of time to explorer Machu Picchu on your own. For those who are looking for the best pictures of the site, we offer the option of climbing up Waynapicchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain (when available).
*Extra Hikes in Machu Picchu - These extra hiking options can take approximately 3-4 hours to go up and down depending on your speed. (If you would like to do this, please inform us during the booking as places are limited and tickets must be bought in advance).
*Important to know - One extra benefit to adding one of these hikes, is it allows 2 entrances into Machu Picchu vs. the one entrance allocated if you only have the standard entrance. Once you exit the citadel (including to use the bathroom), you are not permited to go back inside.
After your day in Machu Picchu, you will then have to walk down to Aguas calientes (approx. 50-60 min) where you will need to board your train at the appropriate time (as indicated on your ticket). This train will take you to Ollantaytambo where our transport will pick you up to bring you to Cusco (with the drop off point at the Plaza San Francisco).
- Bus transport along the Sacred Valley.
- Tour guide for the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Admission ticket to the Sacred Valley.
- Executive train Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Bus to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour for (approx.) 2 hours in Machu Picchu.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain ($20).
- Admission ticket to Waynapicchu ($20).
- Buffet Lunch in the sacred valley ($15).
- Bus Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes ($15).
- Entrance fee to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes.
What You Need To Take:
- Original Passport.
- Tourist ticket.
- Comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear (hiking boots or sandals recommended).
- Extra money to purchase souvenirs, such as handcrafts from the local market and to tip your guide if you wish.
- Camera with spare batteries.
- Insect repellent.
- Water to drink.
- Scarf or a hat to protect your head from the strong sun, which can cause sunstroke.
- A warm jacket for the evening.
- Any necessary medication.
- Positive mind!
Prices and details
$315 USD per person
Details *Voyager class train from inca rail. *Shared 4 to 6 people dorm with private bathroom.
$330 USD per person
Details *Voyager class train from inca rail. *Standard hotel accommodation (double, matrimonial or triple room).