MACHU PICCHU FULL-DAY BY TRAIN
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes:
Transfer by car/van (approx. 3:45am) to Ollantaytambo Train Station (Train leaves at 6:10 am). The train ride consists of spectacular views in this wonderful land of the Incas and amazing landscapes of mountains and valleys. You will also see Inca farming terraces on both sides of the valley, snow capped mountains and sub-tropical jungle. Your guide will meet you at the train station and transfer you to the bus for a 25-minute ride to Machu Picchu. A guided tour of Machu Picchu takes approx 2 hrs and then you have some free time for photos and independent exploration.
Machu Picchu is the lost city of the Incas where the last emperors, priests, and priestesses took refuge, and where the empire survived for 40 years after the arrival of the Spaniards. The history is secretive and mysterious.
Following your day in Machu Picchu, you will walk back down to Aguas Calientes to catch the train to Ollantaytambo (at the time indicated on your train ticket). Once you arrive to Ollantaytambo, our transport will meet you to take you back to Cusco. You will be dropped off at the Plaza San Francisco (near Cusco`s main Plaza de Armas). The arrival time will be determined based on your train schedule.
- Transport from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station to Cusco.
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- One-way bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour in English - 2 hours approximately.
- Admission ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain ($25).
- Admission ticket to Waynapicchu Mountain ($25).
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes ($15).
- Lunch drinks or snacks.
- Hot springs.
We Recommend That You Bring:
- Original passport.
- A small day pack with water to drink.
- Comfortable shoes or runners.
- Rain jacket or poncho.
- A fleece or jacket.
- Basic toiletries.
- Hat for the sun.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Extra money (soles) for lunch, snacks, and souvenirs.
- Snacks and water.
- Positive mind!
Prices and details
$285 USD per person
Details *Expedition class round trip train. *Group site from 8 to 12 people. *Pick up at your accommodation, drop off at the plaza de armas.