INCA TRAIL & MACHU PICCHU 2D/1N
Those who like culture and scenery.
- Destinations: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu
- Time Needed: 2 Days & 1 Night
- Distance cover: 12Km/7.5Miles
- Intensity: Moderate
- Base Price: $495 USD
Day 1: Cusco – KM 104 – Aguas Calientes (L+D):
You will be picked up from your Cusco hotel between 3:45 to 4:00am hrs, then leave Cusco by bus to Ollantaytambo and then by train to Km 104. Upon arrival you will begin the trek at 2000ft. Here agricultural product from other areas were collected to be brought to Machu Picchu. Then you will begin your walk towards Wiñay Wayna.
On the way you have beautiful views of the Urubamba river and the chances are many to see different kinds of famous orchid families. You will turn around the last corner and have the amazing Wiñay Wayna. You will stop to make a visit of this interesting and important Inca site. 10 minutes more walking and you will be at the “Trekker’s Lodge”, where you will take your lunch, if not already eaten.
In the afternoon, you will walk the last hours towards Machu Picchu, and see from distance in the beautiful afternoon sun before continuing down to Aguas Calientes. We spend the night at this beautiful town.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco (B):
Very early you will leave Aguas Calientes to reach Machu Picchu in the hours before the main group of visitors arrives. Going up by bus you will get the first glance of Machu Picchu between the mountains on its saddle high over the Urubamba River. Upon arrival you will start the guided tour of about 2 hours taking us to the most important areas of Machu Picchu. You will learn about the importance – religiously and historically – of the place, and you will be able to appreciate the fine architecture of the Incas.
After the guided tour you can go to the top of Wayna Picchu, from where one has a good overview of the whole area and the full site of Machu Picchu. Another possibility is to visit the beautiful Temple of the Moon. In the afternoon you will meet in Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo and transportation to Cusco.
- Transfer from hotel to train station the first day.
- Expedition train ticket to head of trail (104 Km.).
- English speaker tour guide.
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu and the ruins along the trail.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (1B, 1L, 1D), Snacks.
- Expedition train ticket Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo.
- Transport from the train station to downtown Cusco.
- 01 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus round trip ticket Aguas Calientes/Machupicchu/Aguas Calientes.
- Tips for guides, porters or chefs.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Fee entrances to the hot springs.
- Lunch 2nd day.
- Water supply.
- Extra porter for personal ítems.
Important things you should bring:
- Original Passport.
- ISIC student card (if applicable).
- Trekking shoes.
- Water bottle.
- Warm clothes (jacket, fleece and sweaters).
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain or cold.
- Sun block and insect repellent.
- Towel and toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc.
- Cash (no ATM machines in Aguas Calientes).
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes after the trek).
- Positive mind!
*Group size from 4 to 10 people. *Standard hotel rooms (double, matrimonial or triple).
Terms and Conditions
*Minimum 2 people. *2 to 3*** hotel rooms (double, matrimonial or triple).
Terms and Conditions
Deposit via Paypal & Credit Card