Classic Inca Trail 4D/3N
Those who want to visit Machu Picchu and also have
- Destinations: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu
- Time Needed: 4 Days & 3 Nights
- Distance cover: 45Km/27Miles.
- Intensity: Very Challenging
- Base Price: $565 USD
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - KM 82 - Wayllabamba (L&D):
After an early morning breakfast at your hotel, you will be transferred to Chilca (trail head) by bus, where you meet the porters and introductions will be had. After that you will start your trek crossing over the turbulent Vilcanota River, with magnificent views of Nevado Veronica (5,900m/19,000ft) you will continue the expedition admiring the Llactapata archaeological site, and stopping at the Huayllabamba River for lunch. You will visit the archeological sites of Patallacta, Qente, and the valley of Cusichaca and the magical Polylepsis Forest. Today the hike will last approximately 7 hours. Camp and dinner will be had at 3,800 meters and overnight will be spent on the trail.
Lunch and dinner are included.
Day 2: Wayllabamba - Pacaymayu (B-L&D):
Today is one of the most demanding days of the trip as you will gain a lot of altitude. You will see outstanding views east to the Huayanay peaks and west into the rugged Vilcabamba Range. After breakfast, you will climb up through the first pass at 4,200 m/13,750 feet at Warmiwanusqa. Passing 3 ecological areas such as the Yunga, Quechua and Puna. You will climb 1000 metres in 4 hours. Today camp and dinner near Pacaymayu and overnight will be spent on the trail.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner and hot drinks included.
Day 3:Pacaymayu - Winayhuayna (B-L&D):
After breakfast, you will trek down through the valley of Pacaymayu to the famous archaeological sites of Runquraqay. You will continue to the second pass and the restored town site of Sayaqmarka ("Town in a Steep Place") and explore the Sayaqmarka Ruins. The Inca Trail in this section is a white granite roadway, traversing a thickly forested mountainside. You will then descend to the magnificent archaeological site of Phuyupatamarka ("Cloud Level Town") and have lunch. You will then begin the decent to Winaywayna where a visit of the ruins and dinner will conclude the day.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner will be included.
Day 4: Winayhuayna - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes - Cusco (B&L):
Early morning wake up at 4:30 a.m. for breakfast and to begin the trek to be the first at the archaeological site of Machu Picchu for the sunrise. You will descend rapidly from cloudy forest into high jungle habitat. Orchids and hummingbirds are commonly seen along this spectacular section of the trail high above the river. You will arrive at Intipunko "Gate of the Sun" to observe the sunrise over Machu Picchu from an elevated vantage point. You will continue down to the royal road and at last the "Lost City of the Incas".
A guided tour of the marvelous citadel, visiting the Main Plaza, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of Three Windows, the Circular Tower and the Sacred Sun Dial and Burial Grounds. After the guided tour, you can enjoy an afternoon of self-exploration and discovery.
Then, you will take a tourist train back to Ollantaytambo. Finally a bus back to Cusco at night.
Breakfast is included.
- Transport Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Km 82.
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Porters to carry food and main camping equipment.
- Experienced cook and cooking equipment.
- Teatime everyday (coffee, tea, popcorn, biscuit).
- 3 nights of camping along the Inca trail to Machu Picchu.
- 4 capacity tents - 2 persons per tent with plenty space for backpacks.
- Double thickness foam sleeping mattress.
- Dining tent with camp tables and chairs.
- Kitchen tent.
- Meals on the trail (vegetarian options available).
- Bus from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes village.
- Return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Breakfast on the day 1, lunch and dinner on the day 4.
- Entrance fee to Wayapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($70).
- Drinks not mentioned (not all water included).
- Walking sticks ($15).
- Sleeping bag ($20).
- Tips for the staff. (Tips are completely optional and not obligatory).
- Entrance fee to the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes.
- 01 extra porter (up to 15 kg) to help with personal belongings including sleeping bag/mat- $130. (The extra porter can be shared between 2 persons).
Important things you should bring:
- Original passport.
- A daypack to carry your personal belongings.
- Warm sleeping bag (Minus 5ºC).
- Trekking boots with good ankle support.
- Trekking poles (Metal tips are not allowed on the trail).
- Warm clothes, layers for variable temperatures.
- Gloves, scarf, wool socks, warm hat.
- T-shirts and trekking pants.
- Flash light or head torch.
- Extra batteries.
- Camera and Binoculars.
- Hat to protect from the sun.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Personal medical kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Rain Gear: rain jacket or poncho.
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel.
- 2-litre water bottle.
- Bathing suit for hot springs (optional).
- Extra money for drinks, extra snacks, and tips (soles).
- Emergency money at least 300-350 extra soles. (USD$120).
- Positive mind!
*Group size from 8 to 20 people.
Terms and Conditions
Deposit via Paypal & Credit Card