|Tour:||Classic Inca Trail 2D/1N|
|Duratión:||2 Days - 1 Night|
Day 1: Cusco – KM 104 – Aguas Calientes (L+D):
You will be picked up from your Cusco hotel between 3:30 to 3:45am hrs, then leave Cusco by bus to Ollantaytambo and then by train to Km 104. Upon arrival we visit the archaeological sites of Chachabamba at 2250 masl. Here agricultural product from other areas were collected to be brought to Machu Picchu. Then we begin our walk towards Wiñay Wayna.
On the way we have beautiful views of the Urubamba river and the chances are many to see different kinds of famous orchid families. We turn around the last corner and have the amazing Wiñay Wayna. We stop to make a visit of this interesting and important Inca site. 10 minutes more walking and we are at the “Trekker’s Lodge”, where we will take our lunch, if not already eaten.
In the afternoon we walk the last hours towards Machu Picchu, and see from distance in the beautiful afternoon sun before continuing down to Aguas Calientes. We spend the night at this beautiful town.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco (B):
Very early we leave Aguas Calientes to reach Machu Picchu in the hours before the main group of visitors arrives. Going up by bus we get the first glance of Machu Picchu between the mountains on its saddle high over the Urubamba River. Upon arrival we start the guided tour of about 2 hours taking us to the most important areas of Machu Picchu. We will learn about the importance – religiously and historically – of the place, and we will be able to appreciate the fine architecture of the Incas.
After the guided tour you can go to the top of Wayna Picchu, from where one has a good overview of the whole area and the full site of Machu Picchu. Another possibility is to visit the beautiful Temple of the Moon. In the afternoon we meet in Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo at 16:22pm and bus to Cusco.
- Transfer from hotel to train station the first day.
- Expedition train ticket to head of trail (104 Km.).
- English speaker tour guide.
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu and the ruins along the trail.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (1B, 1L, 1D), Snacks.
- Expedition train ticket Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo.
- Transport from the train station to downtown Cusco.
- 01 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus round trip ticket Aguas Calientes/Machupicchu/Aguas Calientes.
- Tips for guides, porters or chefs.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Fee entrances to the hot springs.
- Lunch 2nd day.
- Water supply.
- Extra porter for personal ítems.
Important things you should bring:
- Original Passport.
- ISIC student card (if applicable).
- Trekking shoes.
- Water bottle.
- Warm clothes (jacket, fleece and sweaters).
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain or cold.
- Sun block and insect repellent.
- Towel and toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc.
- Cash (no ATM machines in Aguas Calientes).
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes after the trek).
- Positive mind!
Book your trip now Inquire