CHINCHERO VALLEY HIKE & MACHU PICCHU 2D/1N
Moderate physical fitness.
- Destinations: Chinchero, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.
- Time Needed: 2 Days & 1 Night
- Distance cover: 15 km / 8 miles
- Intensity: Moderate
- Base Price: $425 USD
DAY 1: CUSCO-CHINCHERO-URQUILLOS-OLLANTA -AGUAS CALIENTES:
6:30-6:45AM Departs Cusco- Pick-up from your selected location in Cusco for the journey with our transport to Chinchero (trail head – 3,763m/12,500ft). First we will explore with the guide the site of Chinchero. Here one can find aqueducts, terraces built with agricultural purposes. Then we will begin with trek (7.5KM – 3 to 4 hrs. hiking). It gives absolutely stunning views as you follow original/reconstructed Inca Trail, then goes through a eucalyptus forested area, beautiful lush waterfall and it concludes at the bottom of the sacred valley of the incas (2,860m/9,380ft). Only very few people hike the trail, so we will have it all to ourselves. Then we will have our lunch (included).
After lunch, you will have a transportation Continuing on to the train station in Ollantaytambo from where you will take the train to Aguas Calientes (2,000m/6,560ft), the town located at the base of Machu Picchu. Our guide will meet you in Aguas Calientes to direct you to your hotel (included) and to debrief you on the details of your visits to Machu Picchu the next day. Free time
DAY 2: AGUAS CALEINTES-MACHU PICCHU-OLLANTA-CUSCO:
4:15-4:30AM You will start the hike to Machu Picchu (first 20min flat then 45min up-hill). Once in Machu Picchu (2,400m/7,890ft). First, you will have a pictures time then you will receive a guided tour of the archeological site. Your guide will take you into the fascinating history of these mysterious ruins and will expertly direct you through the enigmatic ruins and its most important sites around the lost city of the Incas. Then you will hike down back to Aguas Calientes. There, you will have free time to eat and explore the town. You will take the train back to Ollantaytambo. Once you arrive here, the staff will be waiting for you to transfer you back to Cusco. You will arrive around 6:30PM.
- Transfer from hotel to Chinchero (trail head).
- Expedition train tickets round trip.
- Admission ticket to the sacred valley sites.
- 01 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Meals (1B, 1L, 1D).
- Transport return to Cusco.
- English speaker tour guide.
- Waynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain ($25 USD).
- Bus tickets to Machu Picchu (round trip) - $15 USD each way.
- Entrance to the hot springs.
- Day 1 (B) - Day 2 (L-D)
- Water supply.
THINGS YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Original Passport.
- Day backpack.
- Trekking shoes.
- Water bottle.
- Warm clothes (jacket, fleece and sweaters).
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block and insect repellent.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc.
- Cash in soles.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes after the trek).
- Positive mind!
Deposit via Paypal & Credit Card