|Tour:||Lake Titi Caca 2D/1N|
Pick up at your accommodation.......
09:15-9:30 pm- Pick-up from office and transfer to the bus station. 22:00pm Bus departure to Puno (Approx. 6hours).
Day 1: Puno - Uros - Amantani Island:
Early in the morning you will be picked up from the bus station by our local guide and then transferred to a hostel where you can stay for a couple hours before the trip begins at 8am. The boat excursion of Lake Titicaca begins by visiting âThe Uros Floating Islandsâ, a small community that has lived on these reed Islands for decades. Centuries ago the small indigenous Uros tribe conceived of the islands as a way to isolate and protect them from rival tribes, the Collas and the Incas. The Uros people harvested the reeds in the shallows of the lake, bundled them together tightly and built floating island platforms complete with reed houses and canoes, creating in this way their own little world. After strolling around the floating Islands, we continue our journey towards âAmantani Islandâ, where we will spend the rest of the day and the night. Upon arrival, a group of native families will welcome you at the harbor, and afterwards the guide will introduce you the family that will provide you lodging in their house for the evening. The group is split amongst the families. In the afternoon we will walk up to the highest point of the Islands to explore ancient ruins on a mountain called by locals Pachamama. There are stunning views of the Lake from this lookout point and an amazing sunset. Soon after nightfall, we descend to the main plaza and meet our local families, and then we go to their homes for dinner. By night, visitors are invited to a particular party (weather permitting). Our local families can provide traditional clothing to attend this festive Andean party. At the house, men are given ponchos and wooly hats; the hats are hand-made by the families, with unique styles, so that they can recognize you in the hall. Women are given colorful skirts, blouses and veils. The party takes place at the main folklore saloon and it is accompanied by one of the local orchestras. After this, you will then have your overnight at the family house on the Amantani Island.
Day 2: Amantani - Taquile - Puno:
08:00 hrs. After breakfast, we will say goodbye to the local family and go down to the harbor to meet the rest of the group. Afterwards we will sail towards Taquile Island (1 hour approx.), a traditional Quechua speaking community, full of ancient agricultural terraces and some ruins dating back to the pre-Inca times. The Taquile population was relatively isolated from the mainland until 1950s, and the notion of the community and family is still very strong among them. The weaving tradition of the Taquile Island goes back to early civilizations, thus keeps elements from pre-Inca Andean cultures alive in the present. All weaving is done on pre-Inca fixed and pedal looms. The most characteristic garments are the called Chullo, a knitted hat with an earflap, and The Calendar Waistbandâ, depicting the annual cycles connected to ritual and agricultural activities. When visitors reach the island, they will have to walk up along a narrow path, enjoying on the way impressive views of the Lake Titicaca and also see gorgeous little houses inhabited by the direct decedents of the Inca Culture. At the top you will have free time to explore the Island on your own and afterwards you will have to meet the group for lunch at one local restaurant. After lunch, we will descent to the harbor to take our boat back to Puno. We will be getting there by 17:00 hrs. (approx.) to reach the end of the tour.
Arrival to Cusco the next day.......
05:00am arrival to Cusco (approx.) Transport to accommodation is the responsibility of the traveler.
- Sleeper Bus (Cusco – Puno – Cusco.)
- Transfer from the bus station - port.
- Professional bilingual guide (English - Spanish).
- Entrance fees.
- Meals (1 lunch, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast).
- 1 night in Amantani Island (Family home accommodation).
- First breakfast, second day lunch.
- Water and snacks.
- Taxi transport: to Puno bus station and pick-up at Cusco bus station.
What you should bring:
- Fruits, water and snacks. (Keep in mind that meals offered on this homestay program is very basic and a local menu/diet so we suggest bringing some extra snacks).
- Warm clothing. Temperatures at night are very cold. We strongly suggest bringing gloves, wooly hats, warm coat and warm socks.
- Toilet paper.
- You should also bring cash (in soles) to buy souvenirs, which are very unique and made by the local people as well as cash to tip your guide if you feel the service was satisfactory. Also bring cash for snacks and the meals that are not provided.
Important things to remenber:
- Local families will provide every customer a bed and blankets. Accommodation provided on Amantani Island is very basic. If you need more blankets just request them to your local family. If you get very cold easily, we suggest packing a blanket or sleeping bag.
- Bathrooms are located outside the rooms, so bring a flashlight along, as there is no electricity on Amantani Island, headlights are very useful.
- We suggest bringing some toys, candies, notebooks, pencils, pens, books, or other small gifts for the little kids on the island or which can be easily purchased at the harbor market before departing. This is not required but the families would really appreciate this gesture from you.
- When you arrive back to the bus station in Puno, you need to pay the “tax” for the bus ride back to Cusco. This is approximately S/1.50. Look for the booth with the sign “TAMES”. This is where you need to give them your bus ticket and they will apply a sticker of proof of tax payment.
Book your trip now Inquire