|Tour:||LARES TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 4D/3N|
|Duratión:||4 Days - 3 Nights|
We will sleep in Yanahuara Village. After walking and enjoying the Yanahuara village, we go to the campsite where our tents will be set.
Once in Ollantaytambo, we have the chance to explore the picturesque town. Ollantaytambo is a living Incan town where you can see original Incan streets and stairways. If you have enough time you can climb up to Pinkuylluna Mountain, which takes about half hour. From Pinkuylluna Mountain you have a panoramic view of Ollantaytambo. In the afternoon we catch the train for a relaxing, scenic ride to Aguas Calientes, where we will have accommodation in a hotel and dinner at a restaurant in town.
Machu Picchu is located in the middle of nowhere up on a granite mountain edge. There are no records about it from both the Incas and Spanish conquistadors.
Machu Picchu was under the dense vegetation until July 24th 1911. When the American historian Hiram Bingham (who was in search of Vilcabamba) discovered it, calling it the “lost city of the Incas".
You are going spend at least 8 to 9 hour in Machu Picchu. After which, you will go back to Aguas Calientes in order to catch the train back to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, we will take you back to Cusco by car and we drop you at your hotel.
- Pre-departure Lares trek briefing, presented by your tour guides at our office in Cusco
- Transfer from your hotel in Cusco to the Lares Hot Springs (starting point of the trek)
- 7 Kilograms per trekker (weights to be carried by horses)
- Professional multilingual tour guides and leaders
- Cooks and cooking equipment
- Local horsemen and horses (service to carry tents, food, cooking equipment and 7 kilograms of your personal belongings)
- Accommodation in Machu Picchu | Aguas Calientes (1 night)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Two and half hours Machu Picchu guided tour
- Bus ticket up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Train ticket on Day 3 from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town.
- Return train ticket on Day 4 from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco on day 4
- 3 Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- 1 Sleeping bag liner per person
- Vegetarian food available upon request with no extra charge
- Nutritious Snacks during the hike
- Hot coca tea kindly brought to your tent every morning during the trek
- Hot water bowls - every morning and evening for washing
- Two liters boiled water every day after breakfast and lunch to refill your water bottles
- Clean and spacious 4 people capacity
- Tents – only 2 people per tent
- Comfortable Personal sleeping pad (double foam), to be carried by the horses
- Dining and cooking tent
- Portable camping tables and chairs
- 24-hour emergency oxygen assistance
- First aid equipment
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps
- Bio-degradable dishwashing detergents used by our kitchen staff
- Accommodation, food, transport for our horsemen and cooks
- Safe storage of your belongings at our office in Cusco while you are hiking the Lares trek
- Specialized travel advisor assigned for you to customize the rest of your Peru Trip
- High-quality service and support
- Entrance to the hot springs in Lares
- Breakfast on day 1
- Last Lunch on day 4
- Personal trekking gear
- Sleeping bag (If you like you can rent from us USD 20. All sleeping bags are laundered between each trek)
- Tips for the guide and support staff
- Extra personal expenses
Book your trip now Inquire